Monday 2 May 2016

Day 9 Ballinasloe to Roscrea

There was a quiet buzz around the hall in town this morning. The lack of a pupil presence makes for a quiet start to our day. On these weekends away we all seem to miss not having the uplift of the presentation.
We left Ballinasloe this morning in nice sunny weather but it was very cold. We were Comforting each other with the fact that it might get warmer as the day goes on. It was however very windy and we are hoping too, it will not be a full on headwind.
On the road we are soon into our stride . The wind is very strong but it is at our side and we have momentum. The craic is good as usual but I'm incubating a cold, I think. Woke in the night with sand in my throat. So me and the throat are having a discussion about weather I am ready for a cold yet. I'm determined to win the argument.
Or tuna is our lunch stop and people here have really done us proud. Huge variety of sandwiches and cakes of all types. Teas and coffees to feed the 5000. A truely wonderful spread.
Leaving Portumna the wind is now at our backs and we are cruising towards Thurles and the finish for the day. I have contacted Aideen, my homestay and she is expecting us . She is at the college with her 2 daughters Ashling and Kayley when we arrive. A quick cup of tea and it's off to Aideens house for a nice shower and dinner.
The cold in the throat is growling again so it's off to an early bed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment